Team17 and Balancing Monkey Games have today announced that cosy sci-fi city builder Before We Leave is now available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. To celebrate the launch, players can enjoy a 20% launch discount via the PlayStation Store until 19th April.
Set across six unique biomes, Before We Leave sees players nurture groups of ‘Peeps’ – newly emerging survivors from global disaster – as they strive to realise their aspirations to rebuild a thriving civilisation. Along the way, they’ll chart new lands and research ancient technologies to build a prosperous future for all of Peep-dom.
Denizens of the burgeoning civilization should also be mindful of their impact on the environment and their Peeps’ well-being, while keeping an eye out for passing Space Whales – who can make short work of their planets.
Rub your peepers, Peeps, and check out the new Before We Leave PlayStation launch trailer below:
Before We Leave Key Features
- Expand the Horizons: From a lowly settlement to a sprawling civilisation of Peeps, players will need to traverse mountains, forests, oceans, and the depths of space to explore, build, and thrive
- Tremendous Tech: As players progress, they can research technology to better their civilisation, including sailing, industry, trade, and more
- Keep the Peeps Happy: Running a settlement is no small feat; players will need to keep track of their Peeps’ happiness alongside food, resources and pollution levels
- A Whole New World: With six unique biomes filled with resources and mysterious relics, players must utilise the land and plan their settlements accordingly
- Award-winning Soundtrack: Benedict Nichols (Omno, The Falconeer) and James Dean of Ākau Audio compose a soundscape fit for any benevolent leader, winning ‘The Composed Segment’ Pav award for excellence in audio