Square Enix Ltd., today announced the new FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well as further details of the forthcoming FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION coming to STEAM, Origin and Windows 10. Available from 6th March, these special editions feature the main game and over 20 game add-ons / DLC (downloadable content), as well as new features including an expanded map of Insomnia with new enemies and side quests and a first-person camera mode.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY WINDOWS EDITION will feature:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets.
- All current season pass content including: EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS.
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D.
Additionally, the FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL PACK, a downloadable pack consisting of all the previously unreleased content that is added with the FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION will also be available from 6th March. This purchasable pack allows existing players of FINAL FANTASY XV to enjoy the new features by applying the pack to the main game.
A benchmark tool and instructions to help players optimise their PCs for the game’s launch will be available from 1st February. Please check the official website for more information. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended and 4K HDR PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will be available for STEAM, Origin and Windows 10. Starting February 1, pre-orders of the digitally-downloaded PC version will receive store-specific pre-order and early purchase bonuses. By pre-ordering through the Windows Store, players will receive the bonus of the “FFXV Powerup Pack.” This pack contains items designed to power up the player’s performance in combat. By pre-ordering through STEAM, players will receive the bonus of the “FFXV Fashion Collection.” This pack contains a selection of outfits for the prince.
Those who pre-order on Origin will receive the bonus of the “FFXV Decal Selection.” This pack contains an array of cool and colourful decals for the Regalia car. More details on the early purchase bonus will be available at a later time.