The latest updates for Battlefield V have addressed the stability and performance issues as well as removed instances of the “Invisible Soldier.”
Adam Freeman, Battlefield Community Manager said, We believe that the extreme instances of this issue have been stamped out, though we’ll be monitoring for any lingering issues. Further improvements have also been mode to performance, specifically when tanks are firing at infantry which would previously result in performance spikes.
Alongside that, we’ve also reviewed the performance of the P08 Carbine, and made some changes that should improve the effectiveness of the weapon, alongside a fix that now allows for Specializations to be reset once players have obtained Weapon Rank 4. Additional fixes have been detailed below in full.
Our next major update (4.4) is currently scheduled to release in August, and a first look at some of the new content and fixes for ongoing issues are also listed below. We’ll otherwise have a small update out early next week to enable Marita.
- We have reduced the recoil and increased the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness.
- Kills in Firestorm are now awarded if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state.
- Transport vehicles now have environment specific skins. Players will find transports that sport Forest, Desert, Snow, and Mediterranean camouflage schemes on appropriate levels.
- Fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers.
- Specializations are now able to be reset on the P08 Carbine.
- The game will no longer stutter when killing enemies with tanks.
- Removed an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires its main cannon.
- The screen will no longer turn black when firing stationary cannons.
- The Arras sights on the Lewis gun now displays correctly when using extended mags.
- Rate Of Fire for the MKVI Revolver has also been reduced to 180RPM, from 200RPM.
- The correct crosshair now shows for the Mosquito FB MKVI on all load-outs.
- The Company will now display the correct amount of bombs for the JU-88.
- Players trying to spawn into airplanes should no longer get stuck on the deploy screen.
What’s Being Worked on for Update 4.4?
- New Maps: Lofoten Islands and Provence.
- Increase in Max Rank to 500.
- Additional fixes are also targeted to improve performance and stability across all platforms.
- Fix for desynced top-gunner hitbox.
- Fix for desynced soldier hitbox when reviving or vaulting.